Mulled Wine.... A Christmas quickie!
Well dahlings, we are all still here! The predicted end of the world did not happen thankfully but hopefully it will mark the beginning of a new era of change, I hope so, a change where people will be a little less materialistic and just enjoy the simple things in life like good food and drink!
What a wonderful time of year Christmas is to spend with your loved ones, family and friends and what better way to welcome everyone for this special time than with a glass of mulled wine served with Christmas cookies.
Mulled wine is easy to make and there is no real recipe to it just red wine heated with spices and sweetened with sugar. Some may prefer more spices or more or less sugar but here is the recipe I use for mine as a guide line for you.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 75 grams sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 Orange sliced
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- Put the wine in a saucepan with the orange, sugar and the spices.
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the simmer and then remove from the heat.
- Taste to see if you want the wine sweeter, and add more sugar to taste.
- Strain into heatproof glasses and serve
Till next week!
Picture kindly borrowed from My Recipe.com