Sunday, 12 May 2013


Sundays with Chef Peter….

 
Picture kindly borrowed from work of wonder blogspot.com
Daahlings,
How are you all today, all good I hope?
I was up before dawn today, I have to get a flight this morning in a couple of hours to Chiang Mai and I have a dreadful headache from a rather sad old queen’s Saturday night, sitting at home alone with my over enthusiastic little Kitty Barbra (Barbra not Barbara for those of you who are old enough to remember Hello Dolly!) alone with a bottle of vodka wondering where I went wrong! Silly thing is, I have been asking this question all my life but not for my work darlings, in that department I think (hope) I have done rather well, guess one just can’t have it all!

Wonderful happening at Les Diables last week, we finally had our chairs and tables arrive so we are ready to serve you!
Open Tuesdays to Sundays, 8am – 6pm. Great cakes and pastries (of course), breads, drinks, sandwiches, pies and quiches and lots of other goodies.

Now on to the important stuff!

Remember I was telling you about a rather delicious goat’s cheese, Chavroux, I had at a cheese tasting recently.
Well I asked Suvit the supplier here in Thailand to send me some as I wanted to see if I could make a dessert with it as I just love it, light and fresh, not as heavy as the good old cream cheese which actually I also love!
So feeling very creative yesterday after eating most of the shipment sent I thought I better use the last 3 containers to actually do something with and of course the best I could come up with was a cheese cake!

But my dears, what a simply delicious cheese cake it makes, light and fluffy and perfect for Sunday afternoon tea or dessert and the best thing is, it is really easy to make!

You will need:
3 containers of Chavroux cheese or 450 grams
80 grams Icing sugar
1 Lemon zest or Orange if you prefer
3 Sheets of gelatin (soaked in cold water)
220 grams whipped cream

1Biscuit base flan or ring (300 grams graham crackers, 150 grams melted butter, mixed together, pressed into the ring and baked in the oven for 15 minutes on 180 ̊c)
Fruit topping of your choice

 

To Make:

 
1)      Place cheese, icing and lemon zest into a bowl and beat well.

2)      Lightly fold in the whipped cream

3)      Melt the gelatin (I do in the microwave)

4)      Add a little of the cheese mixture to the gelatin and mix and then whisk into the mixture (this prevents the gelatin setting as you add to the mixture leaving rather unpleasant gelatin lumps)

5)      Place in your biscuit case and leave in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours

6)      Before serving, place your favourite topping on the top

7)      Delicious served with whipped cream, ice cream or a fruit coulis as you wish.

8)      Enjoy!

See you next Sunday… J

Chef Peter

 

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo!!!! Gorgeous! Wish I could have a slice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummies! It'd make a lovely lunch!

    Too bad I don't use whipping cream.

    ReplyDelete

Share it